Caring for your lawn and your garden is an important thing for a lot of homeowners. Having a lush and green lawn can be a mark of pride for most people. They want visitors to notice and comment on how well kept their lawn is.
If you are one of those who are always on the search for means of keeping their lawn to be well kept here are some of the information that you can utilize. Here is a list of lawn caring tips that you can use on your own when caring for your lawn and garden:Have a look at caring for your lawn for more info on this.
- You start with the ground and the soil of your lawn. Your lawn and garden will only look as good as the ground allows it to be. That is where they will be getting the nutrients that they need for growing so you have to make sure that the soil that you have there is ideal for the use that you have in mind.
The best way to determine if the soil in your lawn or your garden is ideal is to have a soil test performed on it. There are test kits that you can use from garden supply shops. From the test results you can then determine if you have to add anything to the soil.
- The next thing that you have to decide on is the type of grass that you will be using on your lawn. There are many types of grass that are available. You have to pick a grass that can thrive well in your location. The easiest way to figure that out is to find the best looking lawn in your neighbourhood and talk to its owner. Ask them on where they obtained their grass and how do they care for it.
- If your lawn has a large area that does not get that much sunlight then you need to consider how you can get the grass growing there. There are some types of grass that can grow well under such conditions.
- Planting new grass should follow the following procedure:
- You have to loosen up the ground first using a rake.
- You can then spread the grass seed over the area that you had tilled.
- Cover the grass seeds with soil. For best results use treated soil for this purpose. They have all the nutrients needed by the grass to grow well.
- Keep the seeds of the grass moist until they are as tall as the grass surrounding them.
- You need fertilizers in order to keep the grass growing well. Spread them generously over where you have your grass seed so they can access the needed nutrients from the fertilizer. You should add some fertilizer during the spring and fall seasons. Those are the times when the grass will need all the additional nutrients that they can get from the fertilizer. These are just some of the things that you can do in order to make sure that your lawn and garden can be taken care of in the best way possible.